I’m going to take a break from posting about my feelings and anxieties. Except to say, I was feeling sick this morning, and took my temperature about 50 times, BUT THEN I started feeling better. Things got better. (No fever, and my throat stopped hurting.) I’m not one hundred percent, but I’m feeling better, not worse. I can’t feel bad about worrying about the worst. I’ve been socially distancing for 12 days. It’s pretty obvious I wasn’t around people to catch a cold.
So to change things up today, I’m going to do one of those surveys that is floating around Facebook about myself. I’ll do a few more on other days when I need a break from being in my head. I will also share photos.
Think about your SENIOR year in High School. The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be! It takes 5 minutes, so let’s have some fun!!
Class of: 1998
1. Did you marry your high school sweetheart? No – but also, I did not have a high school sweetheart.
2. What did you drive? I didn’t get my license until I was older. So I walked. Small town. I wouldn’t have driven anywhere anyway. (Except out of town).
3. Sports teams? I played volleyball until about grade 9. I was not good at it.
4. Where did you live? Plenty
5. Were you in any clubs? I don’t think there were clubs? I was in drama. I don’t know if we called it a drama club though.
6. Still talk to your H.S best friend? I do. We both live in Saskatoon.
7. Ever get suspended? No. I was a pretty good kid.
8. If you could, would you go back? Nope. Not as a teen. I didn’t love my high school experience. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it. I see the school all the time because my mom was a teacher there.
9. Still talk to the person that you went to prom with? We didn’t really have ‘prom’. But I don’t talk to my grad date either. I didn’t really talk to him much then either. My original grad date couldn’t make it so I asked somebody in the grade below me. Honestly, I wish that I had been at a point in my life where I had been comfortable enough to just not go with a date.
10. Did you skip? I lived in a small town and my mom was a teacher. So. No. Except on the Grade 12 Skip Day.
11. Go to all the football games? I might have gone to one or two. I think hockey was big then, but I also didn’t go to many of those.
12. Favourite class? English
13. Do you still have your yearbook? I might. I was on the yearbook committee (AH HA! ANOTHER CLUB).
14. Did you follow your “original” career? I probably wanted to be a writer so I’m still working on it.
15. Do you still have your senior class ring? I don’t think that was a thing.
16. Favourite teacher? She was my English teacher, and the first person to truly encourage my writing. She knows who she is.
17. What was your style? Jeans and oversized shirts mostly. Do you remember No Fear shirts? Plaid maybe?
18. Favourite shoes? Either sneakers or probably some black shoes with big clunky heels.
19. Favourite thing to eat for lunch? There was no cafeteria, so maybe sandwiches?
20. Favourite band? Our Lady Peace
21. High school: NWCS
Today’s adventures in photo form.
We survived the day with absolutely no screen time. Just a note about the messy face photo – Anthony decided to eat his supper like a dog. I honestly think he’s old enough to not do that. I told him he was old enough not to do it, and he said, “But Mommy, I want to be not old.” Those were the words I needed to hear. Yes, he should be using a fork, but he’s right. He doesn’t need to grow up quite so fast. Especially in the world we are living in now. Yes, I would rather he not eat like a dog, but on the upside, he ate his entire meal. That’s rare. I was at a point in my day where I was tired, and I was ready for him to listen, but I don’t want him to lose his silliness. If at the age of sixteen, he’s still eating like a dog while out on dates, I will probably be more worried, but for now, I will let him be little.
That was our day. Only a couple of meltdowns right before supper, and right before bed. One more day down. Happy Saturday.
©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them